Funky Frilly Valentines

Funkie Frilly Valentines
Hellos and welcome back for a new challenge over at the Funkie Junkie Challenge Blog. This week we will be playing to the theme of Funkie Frilly Valentines. “It is getting to that time of year when hearts and flowers come out in full force. Create a frilly and or Funkie valentine. Will yours be created with vintage inspired colors or frilly with glitter and lace. We look forward to seeing your creations, happy crafting!” ~Janna

For this challenge I have decided to take the Funkie route for this Valentine’s Day creation along with a touch of steampunk. Below is my creation for this week’s challenge featuring the Tim Holtz layered embossing folder circuit board. For video instructions click here.


For meter oaks I used: Sizzix dies faceted heart and garden greens, the layered circuit board embossing folder, alcohol inks Everglades, turquoise, patina, moss, and mushroom, small vignette box, tonic snips, Idea-ology hardware heads, flowers, and metallic stickers, collage medium, Ranger TH mixed media heavy stock, grit paste, distress paint tarnished brass, distress crayon walnut stain, distress spray stain kitsch flamingo, and AI foil tape.


First I embossed some Ranger TH AI foil tape and embossed it with the Sizzix layered circuit board folder.
 

Since my focus for this make is leaning towards steampunk themed I decided to alter the foil tape with some alcohol inks. The colors I chose for this alteration were everglades, turquoise, patina, moss, and mushroom.


To apply the inks I used a mini blender and some felt on which I added a few drops
Of AI.

Then I gently tapped the AI onto the foil surface to a get a patina like surface.

Now that we have our embellished foil tape it is time to add it to the vignette box. For sizing I traced around the vignette box by lining it up with the edges of the foil tape.
Here are the results of the first panel.
Next I traced and cut sections for the side panels.

 Now onto our main focal point. For the center piece of this make I was inspired to alter a die cut faceted heart that was discussed during the Valentines inspired TH live.  When making this heart it can be useful to trace over the good lines with the remnant rub tool. To see the details on folding up this heart check out 0:3:26 on video. Click here.


To alter this faceted heart I started with some grit paste. I applied this to the heart using one of the Ranger TH pallet knives.

Once the grit paste was dry I then added some tarnished brass distress paint.

While waiting for the paint to dry I then die cut some leafy branches from the die set garden greens.
For the die cuts I added some double sided tape to some Idea-ology metallic cardstock.
With the leafy branches cut I then added some walnut stain distress crayon to the faceted heart. I scribbled the crayon into the heart and then smooshed it over the surface with my fingers.
I cut paper several of the branches to get good coverage over the dimensional heart.

Next I added on the metallic branches over the faceted heart.


For finishing touches I added in some word stickers. To display the word stickers I painted a thick board quote black and then added a metallic word stickers to it.


At the edge of the quote I added in some machinery hardware heads as an embellishment.


Next I hot glued the faceted heart and quote to the vignette box.


Next to add the frilly element to this valentine I added a small glass Idea-ology bottle. I glued the bottle with some hot glue.

Then I added some Idea-ology flowers. These I also glued into the bottle.

For finishing touches I added some Idea-ology hardware heads to the corners of the vignette box.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippity Hoppity Easter Card

Grunge, Ghouls, or Giggles: TFJ Challenge

Time Shows Us What Really Matters: TFJB Challenge