Butterflies and Salvaged Patina

This month I have been enjoying experimenting with the new Distress color Salvaged Patina. This another fantastic chameleon color that shifts depending on the substrate it is used on and the colors it is placed next to. This amazing color shifts between a blueish green or an ocean blue. 

To start this card I began with two backgrounds made on mixed media heavy stock mixed media white. I used the Tim Holtz ink dipping and layering technique to get the fun speckaly bits on the brown background along with the distress spray bottle. I used chipped sapphire, vintage phone, brushed corduroy distress ink, and ground espresso distress oxide. The second background was made with distress spray stains chipped sapphire and salvaged patina.


For the focal points I used salvaged patina distress spray stain over mixed media heavy cardstock white. Then I stamped with the stamp set flutter CMS294 and distress oxide salvaged patina. After I sprinkled on some sticky embossing powder. 
Next I melted the sticky embossing powder and sprinkled on some distress glitter to add some sparkle.

Then I die cut out the butterflies using the flutter framlit set by Sizzix. I love using framlits, because they are easy to use and give crisp cut lines.
Going back to the backgrounds I took the brown one and die cut it with the Tim Holtz die folk flowers. Then I layered the die cut piece over the distress spray background. After I added the sparkling butterflies, some velvet idea-ology ribbon and a quote label.

I hope you enjoyed this card tutorial. Don't forget you can customize the color combinations to reflect your favorite color combos. Until next time, happy crafting!

- Janna


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippity Hoppity Easter Card

Grunge, Ghouls, or Giggles: TFJ Challenge

Time Shows Us What Really Matters: TFJB Challenge