Wearable Distress Art

 Wearable Distress Art

Do you ever have backgrounds that you absolutely love and don't want to part with? I can relate I have a giant stash of backgrounds that I made during this year's 2021 Tim Holtz Q and A demos. 



To get started and turn your art into pieces you love you will need the following supplies. (Optional craft pick tool)


These are the bezel pieces that I chose to work with. We are going to turn some distress and alcohol inked backgrounds into a set of earrings, a bracelet, and a pendant. I found this fantastic bezel and cabochon set on Amazon.com (Not affiliated or sponsored.)



Once you have selected your backgrounds spread a thin layer of Ranger's Glossy accents on the flat side of the cabochon. Then press the cabochon firmly onto the section of paper you wish to turn into jewelry. I found for the pendant sized cabochon I could use a 1inch (25mm) hole punch to get the right size of circle. After all your pieces are glued down with glossy accents I like to place a heavy book on top of them for added pressure to avoid air bubbles. Then wait 1-2 hr for the Glossy accents to set. Dry time will vary depending on where you live. I live in a humid environment so I always give my adhesives extra time to dry.

Next cut around the glued cabochons. I like to give my self a fairly wide margin to work with before trimming to closely to the glass cabochons. After take a nail file and gently sand off any overhanging paper or adhesive. Your finished cabochons should look smooth with no paper hanging over the edge of the glass.

The last step is to add some more glossy accents to the back of the cabochons. Once added press firmly into the meatal bezel. If the cabochon doesn't fit sand off more paper from around the edges or adhesive, there might be a small drip. Place finished bezels under a heavy book and leave to set for 1-2 hours. Now these pieces are ready to wear!




You can also add ephemera and die cuts to your backgrounds too. For the red pendant I added an Idea-ology word sticker and a Tim Holtz heart die cut from the Bigz die Heart Felt.




You can also check out my YouTube process video bellow. If you enjoy please give it a like and subscribe to The Crafty Corner with Janna. Thanks for joining me and have a crafty day!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippity Hoppity Easter Card

Grunge, Ghouls, or Giggles: TFJ Challenge

Time Shows Us What Really Matters: TFJB Challenge