Funkie Junkie Challenge: Fall Gratitude

Hello friends, This week we here to challenge you to create a Fall Gratitude Project for us! I love the concept of Gratitude and being Thankful. Use fall colors and embellishments to create a tag or project expressing gratitude.

To join the challenge head over to the Funkie Junkie Blog for the challenge rules and ways to enter!

For the Fall gratitude theme I decided to create a fall themed shaker card. I’d you would like to see the process video click  here.


Below are a list of meter oaks that I used to make this card. In addition I also used a scrap piece of packaging plastic to from the shaker card pocket.


To start I decided to create an inky background as my foundation. I used multi media heavy white cardstock as the base. For inks I am using distress mustard seed and carved pumpkin. I also used two distress oxides as well; distress oxide crackling campfire and rusty hinge.


I then smooshed these colors on to the Kraft mat of the TH glass media mat. Then spritzed them with the distresss sprayer to form some inky droplets.


On the first ink lift I tilted the cardstock to get the ink to start moving.


 Then dried the ink with the Ranger heat tool.


Once dry I went back in to dip and dry two more times to build up inky layers.


Once done with the Distress layers I decided to cool this background down with some distress oxide iced spruce. To add the ice spruce I smooshed some ink onto the craft mat spritzed with the distress sprayer and dipped into the ink. Then dried with heat tool to have an added splash of cool color.


With the background done I the. die cut serve all leaves with TH impresslit. The leaves are die cut with distress white heavy cardstock.

To alter these leaves I decided to use some distress crayon and distress glazes. To start I brushed on some distress embossing ink with the distress ink brush pen and on the bigger leaves used the distress ink dabber.


Now it is gone to sprinkle on the distress embossing glazes. Here I used a mix of fried brick and crackling campfire. When sprinkling on the powder I made sure to leave gaps and not go for full coverage. The gaps I. The powder will allow me to add more color with a different medium.

After sprinkling the embossing glaze I then heat embossed. Because I did not go go full coverage of the leaves I now have these fantastic white gaps that I can now fill with distress crayon. Here I am adding some mustard seed distress crayon.


For the distress crayon I scribbled a bit in the leaf and then smudged it in with my finger. 


Here are some of the finished leaves.


With the embellishments finished it is now time to make the shaker portion of this card. To make the shaker pouch I am using some packaging left over from a TH stamp set.


To start I cut one edge of the plastic and stuck down the adhesive side of the packaging to form the first sealed side and creased.


Next I went around the card and folder up each edge of the plastic and used ATG tape to stick down the edges. At each corner I cut off a triangle of the aplastic to keep the back of the card from becoming too bulky.


Here I am cutting off one of the corners.


With three sides sealed I then used an anti static tool to wipe down the inside of the shaker card. This will help to cut down on static and allow we to add some distress glitter without is sticking too much to the plastic.


Now the fun part. Here I am adding in a mix of red and gold sequins.


Next I decided to add some distress glitter tinsel.


Here I give the give the card a quick shake to make sure all the shakily bits stay in place.

Next I take all the leaves that have been die cut and colored and add them as a boarder around this shaker card. To get all the leaves to fit nicely I cut some in half before attaching them with some foam squares.


Then I flipped over the card and cut off any leaf bits that were hanging over the edge.


For the last step I added a sentiment using die cuts from the TH die set stewards alphanumeric upper and lowercase. Before die cutting these letters I add some double sided stick tape to make adding the letters easier.


Here is the finished shaker card created for the theme of fall gratitude.


Thank you for joining me here today and until next time happy crafting!

~Janna💕🎨


Want to check out some supplies from this tutorial? Bellow are some links for inspired shopping at the Funkie Junkie.

Distress ink Mustard Seed https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Ink_Pad_Mustard_Seed_TIM20226_p/tim20226.htm

Distress ink Carved Pumpkin https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Ink_Pad_Carved_Pumpkin_TIM43201_p/tim43201.htm

Distress Oxide Rusty Hinge https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_Distress_Oxide_Rusty_Hinge_TDO56164_p/di_tdo56164.htm

Distress Oxide Crackling Campfire https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Oxide_Ink_Pad_Crackling_Campfire_TDO72317_p/tdo72317.htm

Distress Oxide Iced Spruce https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_Distress_Oxide_Iced_Spruce_TDO56034_p/di_tdo56034.htm

Distress Glitter Tinsel https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_Distress_Holiday_Sparkle_Set_TSCK78210_p/tsck78210.htm

Distress Crayon set 1 https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_Distress_Crayons_Set_1_TDBK47902_p/tdbk47902.htm mustard seed

Distress crayon Set 6 https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_Distress_Crayons_Set_6_TDBK51763_p/tdbk51763.htm carved

Pumpkin 

Sizzix Impresslit Oak leaf or beach leaf  https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Tim_Holtz_3_D_Impresslits_EF_Oak_Leaf_665374_p/die_665374.htm

Distress embossing ink pens https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Embossing_Pen_2pk_TDA71327_p/tda71327.htm

Distress  embossing ink dabber https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Embossing_Dabber_TDA72485_p/tda72485.htm

Distress glaze fried brick https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Embossing_Glaze_Fired_Brick_TDE70979_p/tde70979.htm

Distress glaze crackling campfire https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Embossing_Glaze_Crackling_Campfire_TDE73833_p/tde73833.htm







Comments

  1. Well Janna I was sold on the leaves but then you added that fantastic shaker element and took it to another level! Love this so much x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the way you built the shaker card! A new way for me and definitely something to use in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? I was certainly surprised by the shaker element, as I was so taken with your beautiful leaves! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hippity Hoppity Easter Card

Grunge, Ghouls, or Giggles: TFJ Challenge

Time Shows Us What Really Matters: TFJB Challenge